1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think it's interesting that a show as strange as 'Legion' is on mainstream TV.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Watched the first season and enjoyed it. Found something lacking, but the acting is great ... everyone is perfect in their role. Especially like Wags.

Now I've binge-watched six episodes of Season 2 the last couple days. Whatever was lacking has been added. The stories are still a bit ridiculous, but Giamatti and Lewis hold it together. Just give in to the incredulity and enjoy the ride.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's exactly what you have to do -- give in to the incredulity. Giamatti and Lewis are both such caricature-like figures, you can just sit back, gape and enjoy.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

For those with Comcast - (tv or internet) - it's Watchathon week. Binge away.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Is this a remake, or did they dust off the original series?

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Reboot. It's on Netflix.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It is very good. The first 2 episodes do a very good job of being taut and tense. Excellent cast. Parker Posey as Dr. Smith may be one of the great sociopathic characters in recent memory. Toby Stephens from Black Flags and Molly Parker from Deadwood are also very good as Ma and Pa Robinson.

There’s a lot of good TV out there. And with Netflix and Amazon Prime, you run into shows that are in their 2nd to 4th seasons that you’ve never heard of, but due to short seasons and the ability to watch a seasons worth of show in a week or 2. All of a sudden you mention a show to a friend and they’ve never heard of what you’re watching and they roll off 2 or 3 series you’ve never heard of.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

WESTWORLD is back. Discuss

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Just recorded the first episode of Season 2.
    Haven't watched it yet, but I liked Season 1.

10. I have yet to pull the trigger on Season 1 of Westworld.

Prolly start Lost in Space tonight.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

As an aside, during Season 1, I heard a great 'Westworld' reference on KNBR, SF sports talk station.
    Traffic lanes leading up to the Bay Bridge are referred to as ' the maze.'
    That is not a term I had ever heard until I started listing to SF radio 18 years ago.

Any way, Joe Hughes (since let go by the station) was doing traffic report and said that traffic was backed up into the maze.
    And then he said 'The Maze isn't meant for you.'

I cracked up. He just tossed it in there and ended the traffic report.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wish more producers in Hollywood took a property like Westworld and improved and expanded upon it instead of the lame remakes/reboots/sequels.

That Michael Crichton was a prolific dude.

Draft saved Draft deleted