1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I love Hannah Williams. She is indestructible! That woman has been beaten, bombed and battered, and still keeps investigating.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I need to catch up on that show. I watched like the first seven or eight episodes in one weekend, then dropped the ball.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I've been watching it. The acting is always good and the show intense, but it's starting to annoy me that it's a program that you really can't miss, at all, or else, you lose track of what's going on and you're just lost. I agree that there should be some more background about Kirkman and his family. Perhaps they'll get to that. They seem to be delving into the wife's family past a bit now, so maybe it'll lead to something like that.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Designated Survivor to a point last year. The conspiracy theory petered out. The politics stuff was like any other politics-stuff show, for the most part. While that wasn't bad, it wasn't the reason the show existed. It was about the government being destroyed and some semi ding-dong taking over.

If the show is just about politics now and not about trying to destroy the US and how they rebuild the presidency, then it's just another show. Meh.

5. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Posted this in the Dumb Starbucks thread and received no response, but is anyone watching Nathan for You on Comedy Central? Most brilliant show I've seen in years. Manages to amaze me even more and more every week.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm excited to check it out when the season is done. I don't really binge it, but sometimes an episode is so cringe-y that I have to skip ahead to the next one.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

On a plane to Minny amd watching Baskets for the first time. Had no idea Louie Anderson plays a transgender. His performance is award worthy and the show has a ton of depth and that's without seeing too much of what Galifianakis does.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Is he playing a transgendered person? I thought he was playing the role in drag. The character is Baskets mother.

9. Songbird

Not sure what the role is but he is insanely fucking good playing it. This episode where he goes to Denver is poignant.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

He's playing the role in drag. He kills it.

Mr. Robot took at a stab and the one-take episode last night and it was phenomenal. Great season so far.

11. Songbird

Spent the second flight from Minny to Laguardia checking out I'm Dying Up Here. Again, really strong out of the gate so I watched 3 full episodes. Lotta substance to it.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I stepped away from Curb about four years ago because I just found the humor to be too uncomfortable.

But I'm binge-watching this season now and laughing my ass off. Some stunningly good episodes.

Loving the hell out of You're The Worst, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted