1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Love the show, but it's definitely a hard sell to others. Andy Greenwald mentioned on his podcast that it's one of the few dramas that's built on a premise and foundation that doesn't involve a murder or a death.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This is the final season right?

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yup!

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice that there's been a trend toward announcing the final season of a series is ahead before the final season begins?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's one of the things I like about cable shows - they are pretty much in the can or at least scripts are written for the entirety of a season. Some shows see the writing on the wall - decent but non-hits that have initial deals lapsing and aren't worth extending, shows that need to hit the syndication number, shows suddenly too expensive to produce. Once a show gets its episode order cut from a previous year, or they are filming consecutive seasons back to back, you can figure they're done.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Using an iTunes card to catch up on Louie. I got thru 3 seasons a few years ago then never watched seasons 4 and 5. Like a total derp I bought season 3 instead of 4.

Spent the remainder of the card on season 5 and am just about thru it.

C.K. taps into the human condition like few have in my lifetime.

If anyone has season 4, I'll trade you for links to the entire season of Horace and Pete.

7. Songbird

In season 3 of Louie, there was a 3-episode series where in the first part he meets face to face with Garry Marshall who is the head of CBS and tells him in confidentiality that Letterman is leaving then asks if Louie wants to take over.

Garry Marshall has never been better in his life in that scene, which was as high level as you get.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Random responding to this now, but I needed to watch the original 30 episodes before getting into The Return. Saw this last night, and holy hell was that one of the weirdest hours of TV I have ever seen in my life. That scene at the end ... I almost had to look away. Basically binging my way until the end at this point. It's been crazy. On episode 11 now ...

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Have you watched Fire Walk With Me? Things make a little bit more sense if you've seen it. As much as that's possible.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Have not watched that. Maybe after I'm done with The Return. Or maybe I'll need a break at that point. Lots of other TV I want to catch up on, but I'm in the zone right now. Ha.

12. Songbird

Not a single bit of wasted energy in this interview.

Draft saved Draft deleted