1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Finished Narcos Season 3.
    I liked it. Not as good as the first 2 seasons, but good enough.
    I have to research how much of season 3 is true (character-wise).
    The US involvement in these Narco-Democracies is stunning. Stupidly, hypocritically stunning. And it hasn't changed in 100 years.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Checked out the first episode of The Orville - definitely better than I thought it would be, even with the wood joke at the end.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The thing that is missing in Narcos s3 obviously is Pablo Escobar - he was a compelling character, a schlubby soccer dad is the no. 1 narco terrorist?

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I caught it last night; I enjoyed it, will keep up with it for at least a while. BTW, I thought "Happy Arbor Day" was a good line.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think the entire episode was built around "Happy Arbor Day" ... just so they could reference the holiday.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just saw the pilot episode of "Bewitched," which I'd never seen before, on Antenna TV.

A few notes:

-- They really had to do a lot of exposition in the script: Samantha kept explaining she wasn't going to do this or that because she promised Darrin she wouldn't use witchcraft. Today, 55 years later, after "Bewitched" and "Jeannie," the audience knows all about the "normal schlub with the magical babe wife" storyline so you don't have to explain the whole thing over and over.

-- They originally wanted to make Endora a much much bigger part of the show. Half the episode revolved around her attitude and reactions toward Darrin. (I think Agnes Moorhead was actually the biggest name in the cast originally).

-- Dick York had some good comic moments. By far he was the better Darrin.

-- Elizabeth Montgomery was a blazing hot smoke show, but the late-fifties outfits they had her in in the early seasons were too dumpy and frumpy to really, uhh, show her off. She actually looked a lot sexier in the groovy hip swinging Sixties outfits she wore in the later seasons.

-- The Mrs Kravitz character was kinda funny in her first appearance. Not so
    much in the next 7,384.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think T.J. Miller is fantastic in Silicon Valley.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Was. He's off the show now.

9. jr/shotglass

Didn't know that. That sucks.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

T.J. Miller's about as lively a personality as there is right now. He's got that It.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Reading various interviews, it seemed like he and Thomas Middleditch had a falling out. Which is sad because they were friends for years and before either one was famous. The producers also seemed to be firmly on Team Middleditch.

12. jr/shotglass

Well, I mean, Middleditch is the show, so I can see it. But losing Miller hurts.

Draft saved Draft deleted