1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Not keeping it?

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Because of The Big Sick, started binging "Silicon Valley"; pretty well written. Just wish that Kumail was the main protagonist.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Mrs. Swingline and I are about through season 3 of Mad Men.

Late to the party, I now know the joke behind SJ's Dick Whitman's name.

Fuck a duck.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Rome' was so good. Despite all of the good shows, 'Rome' remains the best thing HBO has done.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I loved Mad Men; the lawnmower scene was hilarious. The only thing is I cringe thinking about what my mom went through as am admin assistant for a major corporation in their west coast HQ in the 60's.

exmediahack likes this.
  6. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

7. Netflix's Friends From College.
    Has K-M Key, Fred Savage, one of the guys from Beerfest (a minor character) Ann Parisse and some others.. It's billed as a comedy series.
    No.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Anybody watch "Gone: The Forgotten Women of Ohio" on Spike this weekend? It's about the disappearance of six women from Chillicothe, Ohio. They all were in their 20's or early 30's and involved in drugs. Four of their bodies have been found. I watched it while channel surfing so I didn't catch the whole thing. It seemed that the style of the documentary was a little too light for the subject. The director did the West Memphis Three documentaries, so I was surprised.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Rick and Morty is back, and it's amazing. Certainly in my top five of TV shows going right now.

Anybody watch Room 104? It was ... interesting. Love the brothers Duplass though so I'll give it an extended shot.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Man, that promising cast -- you didn't mention the smokin' Cobie Smulders?! -- and they go and ruin it with Nat Faxon. I cannot stand that guy.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That's Academy Award winner Nat Faxon to you.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I cannot stand that Academy Award winner.

Best Adapted Screenplay. Bah.

Draft saved Draft deleted