1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It was a very frustrating docuseries because there was no satisfaction at the end.
    But I just loved those two women who took it upon themselves to investigate.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I loved them too. As to the church I'm guessing this is the conversation: "Father Maskell has abused a young boy. Hmmm .... let's send him to an all-girl's school. That will fix everything".

poindexter likes this.
  3. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I finished it today. I hope those two women never decide to investigate me for something.

I couldn't believe the Church had representatives testify against the bill to extend the statute of limitations. Not surprised they would lobby privately against the bill, but that they had the nerve to publicly make the ridiculous argument that an extension would encourage people to wait before bringing claims, resulting in more victims.

The support women got from their families was a positive side to the story. Loved Teresa, the woman who went to law school in her forties.

HC likes this.
  4. poindexter

I'm pretty sure one was one of the actual attorneys attacking Jane Doe in the 1990s.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's about time.

although Robert Conrad could show up and still kick all of their butts:
    [​IMG]

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I reject any team being called TV Lifeguards that doesn't include David Hasselhoff

8. poindexter

HE COULDN'T EVEN BEAT GABE KAPLAN!

I say this without a shred of hyperbole, but i think the following is the best nine minutes of television made in the 1970s.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

That was fantastic on so many levels.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That's begging for a Deadspin deep dive, frame by frame recap, review, and cultural update. Epic clip.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Everyone knows Allison Brie gets naked in GLOW on Netflix, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted