1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm guessing his Olympics/Today show gig with NBC is done. The guy doesn't need money, he makes more than $60 mil a year - I'm guessing he needs to be on TV.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The final five minutes of "Billions" last night was magnificent TV. Not gonna play spoiler but it was totally out of left field. I also think Lara Axelrod is one of the least-likable character in TV history.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was really enjoying 'Jungletown,' but it is becoming monotonous watching these poor kids duped week after week by this turd salesman.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He's becoming the modern generation's person who is famous mostly for being famous.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm not really a fan, but I don't think that applies to Seacrest at all.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Pitch was a very well done show. Didn't help that it had a hard time building an audience due to....baseball playoffs. Fox has a very hard time launching dramas. Even when they launch one they have a hard time sustaining them (Glee, Empire...)

Seacrest works, radio show, producing, red carpets, TV etc. - I'm guessing the Ripa gig was a fallback after some project or another stopped going forward at a network. I could see him taking that thing over when Ripa has tired of it.
    He will though - forever be blamed for the Kardashians. It's possible the family would have snagged someone else to produce their family drama, but it probably wouldn't have been as successful.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It probably would have been ripped apart on the internets if they Fonzie or Urkeled the show to make MPG the lead, but Pitch really was better when it focused on Zack Morris, aging catcher.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Sports dramas always fail on TV. Too much competition from real sports. I saw Pitch several times and found it OK, but it didn't draw me in as a regular.

11. New season of Catastrophe dropped on Prime.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted