1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Kind of the point (about the team): this is the lowest of low rungs on the baseball ladder.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Been watching Hinterland on Netflix this week. Another moody detective show, but it's pretty well done (each episode is about 90 minutes) and the scenery in Wales makes me want to book a trip this summer.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

So, who gets the silent clock next week? Eric Carter or Tony Almeida?

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm always up for moody detective shows! Is it a "case of the episode" format, or more of one story over the course of all the episodes? I've been craving the former more than the latter, since it's easier to get the GF into episodic detective stuff.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

The former, for sure. With each episode being 90 minutes, they've got plenty of time to tell the story of each case. There's a lot you don't know for a long time about the main character, which I rather appreciated.

And, again, the scenery is stunning.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You're a 24-holic like I was, right? Tell me: Should I give this show another shot? I watched the first two episodes, then tuned out.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

If you like Hinterland, check out Shetland. Great show.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

If that was directed toward me, I haven't watched a second of the new 24.

9. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

The people who have watched 24 say it is horrible.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yep. If you liked the original, you'll like this one. It's not breaking any new ground, but it's still entertaining.

I actually wish next week wasn't the finale, because I'd like to see Tony and the place he's in now get fleshed out a little more.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I loved the original, and still do, and didn't have any issues with Live Another Day. This one, though, I don't know what it is, but I just found myself checking out quite a bit during the first two episodes.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Watched a couple of episodes. Good stuff. Better than Hinterland.

HC likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted