1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Boston, and maybe other New England stations, pushed it back until after the news. 1:30 in the case of Boston.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Yes, the agreement to participate has to include access. The show would have no legal access for searches and information without it.
    Contestants have to allow the show to access info that would be available to law enforcement in a real scenario.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I liked it, but I'm like you: I think there are too many side stories going on. It kind of dragged in the beginning, but it picked up pretty quickly.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Started rewatching Californication again tonight. What a fucking great show.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Anybody watch Legion on FX? Wanted to like it more than I did, mainly because I had such a hard time following things.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Attention Han Sen: Watched Wiseguy this afternoon and for no good reason stuck around for the credits. Executive Story Editor: John Schulian. One of the best sportswriters ever, a person I'm happy to know as a friend, who went on to be showrunner for Xena: Warrior Princess. My wife and children loved that show, and one night in New York she got to meet John and learn all the inside dope.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. John

John Well-Known Member

The new season of Chef's Table on Netflix is really good and interesting. Not sure there is a more beautifully shot show out there.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just caught the resumption of "Designated Survivor" on InDemand. Scenario in the main story is one I've always wondered about.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The hiatus completely killed whatever momentum that show had.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Watched an episode of the Untouchables yesterday afternoon. Guest stars were something else. Michael Ansara as the slimy crime boss was good, but the two hitmen he imports for a gang war were something else. James Coburn and Brian Keith, an epic case of casting against type for the latter. Making it weirder, Keith's cover for his job was professional bowling hustler, and to provide versimilitude, he wore a big cardigan sweater at all times!!

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Had the same thought when it went on break. Wondering too, considering the level of real-time political drama, how many will tune in for more political drama.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I think they might be banking on people hungry to see an honest, idealistic president. But I completely forgot the show existed until it showed back up on my DVR.

Draft saved Draft deleted