1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I usually like to space out my shows (mostly due to lack of time), but I binged Making a Murderer in like, 3 days. I'm a true crime junkie and it was really well done.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Making a Murderer it is. Thanks.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I just watched it. And I get the sentiment. I certainly don't think that's where I would have gone with the season finale. But the last 15 minutes of it gave it some redemption for me.

I do hope they develop Allison's story better next season.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

They could have cut that character completely out of the show and it would have changed nothing about the plot or the main four characters development. It was weird.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

"Wiseguy" was one of the first shows I made appointment TV, or set the recorder for when I had a night game to cover, during it's network run. Not only well-acted and well-directed, but well-written too.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Old Tony loves it.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Anybody watch Training Day?

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I strangely appreciated the fact that I left that liking Noah more than at any time in the past two seasons.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I tried watching that show. I got way too frustrated by obvious holes like that in the "game."

Unless they have subpoena power, it would be pretty easy to get away from them. That wouldn't be good TV though, so I'm sure the chased people have to agree to turn over things law enforcement folks would be able to turn up. Like, for example, letting the hunters enter their private property to look for clues.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I am too. The show's admittedly a mess, but Tom Hardy is worth the price of admission.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This was me. I watched the premiere and liked it, then read up a bit on it and had some people point out holes that made me go, "Oh yeah. Why don't they just do that?"
    The rules are also a little vague. For example, the contestants aren't "caught" until the hunters make physical contact with them and it seems like they can't enter non-contestants' property. So why wouldn't you just find a friend to stay with, offer them $10,000 if you win, and stay in the house for a month? Even if the hunters know you're there, if they can't enter the house or property you can just stand in the window and flip them the bird 24/7. There was one couple that was holed up at someone's house that was on some land set way back down a long driveway with a gate at the entrance. For some reason they tried to run instead of just waiting it out.
    I think in the UK version they had to reach an extraction point at the end of the game, but they haven't said if it's the same in the U.S. version or if they just have to run out the clock.

And then it's unclear what you can and can't take with you when you go on the run. You have access to a bank account with $500 in it, but are you allowed to take any money with you? If you know you're going to be on the show why, in the days leading up to it, wouldn't you pack a go-bag with a bunch of cash and a few burner phones in it? Or get an accomplice to take your phone and drive to the four corners of Georgia making calls to throw the hunters off?

If there's a Season 2 of this show, I think they'll either tweak the rules or you'll see contestants getting a lot more sophisticated.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Thoughts on "24: Legacy?"

I liked it, but I wonder if there are too many side stories for what I think is a 12 episode series.

I also wonder how many people watched in the East with an 11 pm start after an exhilarating game?

Draft saved Draft deleted