1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Wife and I both really enjoyed The Good Place. I watched the first 3 episodes of The Young Pope and fell asleep at some point during each. I'm taking it as a sign.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've found The Young Pope to be infinitely more interesting than Westworld. I seem to be in the minority on that. I did fall asleep in every damn episode of Westworld.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I didn't care for Sneaky Pete.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

My girlfriend and I powered through all 13 episodes in about three days. It strikes me as the type of show that works better on a streaming service; it would have been agonizing to get it in drips and drabs, 22 minutes an episode, for three months.

Webster and justgladtobehere like this.
  5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Anybody still watch The Affair? The season finale was one of the worst of all time.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Have binged Bojack Horseman the past few days. Have really enjoyed it -- dark but still goofy.

7. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

GCD :: Issue :: Life with Archie #187

Greatest Archie comic ever.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Is that one of USA's shows?

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

No, Showtime. McNulty fro the Wire is the lead. It's generally pretty good, but the last episode was just a waste of an hour.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Better Call Saul makes its Season 3 debut April 10. Looks like Gus Fring will make his debut, tightening the Breaking Bad Venn diagram a bit.

11. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Watched the first episode of Young Pope. Not for everyone, but it looks to be an enjoyable conspiracy drama. Shows like this I find to be only consumable on DVR/VOD but then I'm old and you have to pay attention.

Vikings is fun without that close attention, you still need a character guide. Characters

Meh, some day I hope to catch up with Narcos and Marco Polo

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

We DVR'd it and watched it later ... not quite as compact as you, but perhaps our shortened time frame helped. We also just watched Superstore (season 2, episode 1) for the first time yesterday and liked it enough to try another episode.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted