1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. LendelS

LendelS New Member

Really disturbing?

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I really enjoy "Fresh off the Boat." Constance Wu is outstanding as the mom.

qtlaw likes this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Have watched the first two episodes of Amazon's "Sneaky Pete." Excellent. Giovanni Ribisi is tremendous as a con man, and then add Bryan Cranston and Margo Martindale to the mix.

TigerVols likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm not the only one apparently who immediately thought the Young Pope drew too many parallels to Trump. Of course, knowing damn well that it was written well in advance of the last election cycle, I knew it wasn't a direct representation of Trump, but still ...

'The Young Pope' Creator on Parallels to Donald Trump — and All Those Memes

I'm not Catholic, but I'm completely sucked into this show. The way they layer weird modern electronic music over certain scenes in such an old, holy place as the Vatican is fantastic. Plus, the camera work and the face acting are tremendous.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We binged watched The Good Place this week. I really enjoyed the show and a lot of the unknown cast was great. Ted Danson was really fantastic.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Read about the season-ending plot twist. Almost made me wish I'd stayed with it, but I was really disappointed with the first few episodes.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It had a very Parks and Rec sense of humor (as was to be expected) but with some deeper themes. Regardless of the last episode, I don't see a long term future for the show.

8. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I thought the early episodes sucked horribly. No plans to return.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm sticking with 'Taboo.' I'm not sure why.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

So I watched Riverdale on CW

The CW part should have told me how bad it was going to be.

Archie, who is a sophomore, fucked Ms. Grundy (who is young and hot) over the summer; Jughead sits in front of a computer and is all dark and moody; Moose is gay-curious...and Luke Perry is Archie's dad.

And it's a murder mystery show. Will Scooby & Shaggy show up as well?

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Finally caught up with the world on Game of Thrones so my boy and I are watching "Man in the High Castle"; looks intriguing.

spikechiquet likes this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Has anybody else watched High Maintenance on HBO? Stumbled upon it thanks to reading up on some best of '16 lists ... it's really good. The third episode that centers on the dog was amazing.

Draft saved Draft deleted