1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

3/4 of the way into the Gilmore girls revival. I really like it, although it is so twee, even by their standards. And Alexis Bledel still can't hang acting-wise with Lauren Graham and Kelly Bishop

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Shameless does an after credits scene on just about every episode.

I agree with Buck's take on Westworld in general. I thought it was beautifully shot, but I literally fell asleep at some point during every episode this season, including a decent chunk of the early portion of the finale. I was about to commit to swearing it off for season 2 until the ending, which piqued my interest for where the show could go moving forward. Sepinwall made the point that the entire season was essentially a 10-episode prequel, which I tend to agree with.

Major points for the use of weird modern music with the piano -- Radiohead's Exit Music for a Film was perfectly used in the finale.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It was definitely slow. I assume they figured the gratuitous violence and nudity would keep people interested through the build-up. I wasn't falling asleep, but I definitely was on the edge of dropping it at times. I did like the finale.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Did Designated Survivor get a deal on old Scandal scripts?

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I finally caught up on Designated Survivor, and it made me realize how much I'm over cliffhangers.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I am certain it's the wife that got shot. Right?

7. MisterCreosote

I'm betting on the chief of staff, who will die, to be followed immediately by the woman who loves him finding out he was innocent.

Or, it'll be the new VP, whose conscience finally gets the better of him and he takes the bullet for the president.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The VP wouldn’t be able to move that fast. The sniper flinched, so I think it's the wife who got shot. Plus, I would be disappointed if the VP's storyline ended that way.

9. MisterCreosote

Yeah, the camera work in those last few minutes was pretty annoying. I don't really have a sense of where everyone was in relation to the president. Obviously, his wife would be closest, but she seems like too much of a bit character for her death to have any kind of impact.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

In the upcoming scenes they showed the victim in the operating room, and I figure it's got to be somebody central to the plot to merit that.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The wife brings POTUS' family back in the story. He feels deep regret for exposing his wife to that threat and questions whether he should continue to serve.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

We gotta wait til March??

Draft saved Draft deleted