1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Thoughts on "The Good Place"? I've watched two episodes and have four in my tuner. I think I expected better.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Now I've seen two episodes of 'Westworld,' and it does not seem as promising as I'd hoped.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Remind me? Undercover agents?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Home sick and watching Below Deck. $200K for a yacht for a week in Mediterranean and they lie around like they're at a Marriott by the airport. Wankers

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

When he was talking to the Michigan governor, he mentioned something about undercover agents working for Homeland. Said the police had taken some into custody, so he asked for all of them to be released.

Killick likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Not sure just what I expected, but I have trouble accepting Kristen Bell as an unsympathetic character.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've only seen her in 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall,' and she was pretty good at being unlikable in that movie.
    I just like that movie.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

But .... Kristen and Dax ....the commercials .... adorable .... ;)

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Ugh, those are the worst.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I don't think she's super likeable in that movie, but you also kind of understand where she's coming from. I also think that's one of the best "breakup" movies, i.e. to tell someone to watch after one. It has a good message, at least IIRC. (Haven't seen it for a couple years.)

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It does a good job of humanizing her, agreed. That's why the movie works.
    She's not set up as a cartoon villainous/b#tch who just hurts the protagonist for the sake of hurting him.
    But she is essentially shallow and unlikable, even though she has some humanity and motivation.

Draft saved Draft deleted