1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That is it. Thanks.
    I need to to set that to record.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

After seeing it mentioned on the TV shows cancelled too soon and remembering liking the pilot, I binged on Awake the last few days. Great 13 episodes. At its worst, it was just a good procedural. There were some great episodes and the lead and the shrinks were great.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Anyone catch the pilot for "Divorce" on HBO?

Unnerving, and not in a way that causes you to want to discuss and examine those feelings. Not that I feel like I'm headed in that direction (but ask my wife! ba dum pum). But the mundane moments that we're all supposed to identify with hit a little close to home. We watch "The Affair," but that has some fantasy/disbelievability to it that puts the show at a distance. This one ... too on the nose. I don't think I'll be going back.

Sarah Jessica Parker remains annoying, but Thomas Haden Church is always funny as the stoic straight man.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Anyone still with "Designated Survivor?" This may have been the most intense episode yet.

Killick likes this.
  5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm two episodes behind, but I'm still annoyed with the sloppiness (see my earlier post). In the second episode, there was footage of a street in downtown DC that showed skyscrapers that are definitely not in DC. I was willing to let downtown LA be a stand-in for DC during the season that 24 was set in DC, because we already cared about Jack, but for a show like this, they need to step things up. I'm giving it one more episode.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I watched first episode of 'Westworld' last night. I liked it.
    Doesn't seem like it can have a very long story arc, which is cool. Just 1-3 seasons seems perfect.

7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I am loving it.

I was a bit sleepy last night while waiting for it to come on. I woke up, though, watching "Designated Survivor." I'm finding this a regular occurrence when I watch this show. It commands my attention, and I like it.

This is rare for me as I watch very few TV shows on a regular basis. "Designated Survivor," in fact, has been the only one of late. Very well acted, and, as HanSenSE said, very intense and engrossing.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Watched Pilot of "Divorce" on HBO last night with the missus (who was a fan of Sex and the City). Pretty damn funny but also some painful moments watching marriages break down. Luckily for us, we put in the time to reaffirm our commitment to each other nearly every day so I do not have thoughts of divorce on our horizon anytime soon; which means we can watch and laugh without feeling threatened. Here's hoping the other marriages on the Board here can enjoy the show as well.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Still with Designated Survivor. And, yes, they take liberties... but I'm willing to overlook most. Isn't thatMichigan governor the guy that Mandy was going to try to get elected president on the West Wing?

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm also still watching Designated Survivor. After last week and the events early in the episode, was just waiting for Kirkman to take the gloves off.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Designated Survivor is just about my only appointment TV this season. I loved how President Kirkland went against his special adviser and took it to the Michigan governor.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The bluff about the undercover agents reminded me of some of the stuff they'd do in 24. That was a great scene.

Draft saved Draft deleted