1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

My DVR is tingling with anticipation, thanks to you guys.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah I just watched it online and it was 100x better than I expected. Completely stoked for epi 2.

3. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I'm digging Pitch.
    And with the cooperation and generous help of MLB, this seems like a TV show about sports that will actually get a lot of the details right. (It's not Everybody Loves Raymond, etc ...)

Designated Survivor was excellent. I had a difficult time watching the retrieval of bodies scene, because of 9/11, but the premise nonetheless kept me hooked.

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Lethal Weapon was enjoyable. I'll give MacGyver a shot, but it's on CBS so it might be a 45-minute long wet fart.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm willing to give Designated Survivor a few more weeks, but some nitpicky things really bothered me:

1. There is no way they'd bring the President to the White House, just a mile or so away from the destroyed Capitol. No way.

2. Maggie Q was very easily able to get two cell calls through following the attack. I was in DC on 9/11 and it was hours and hours before calls were getting through because the circuits were busy. I have no doubt the cell capabilities have been boosted a lot since then but...

3. Kiefer's chief of staff was able to talk her way into the White House after the attack? Yeah, I don't think so.

JackReacher likes this.
  6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Watching "Designated Survivor." Jesus... that war hawk general may as well be wearing a name tag that says "Curtis LeMay."

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

He must go down, and go down hard.

Killick likes this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Atlanta on FX has been incredible thus far.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I caught the last bit of MacGyver tonight. That was among the five shittiest shows I have ever witnessed. And I have watched a lot of TV in my life. My goodness that was awful. Did I mention how terrible it was?

murphyc and Killick like this.
  10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I chuckled at the credits, noting that one of the credits was "developed by." Ignoring, first of all, that it was just a rip off of an old show, who the hell wants to put their name to that piece of shit?

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

When are they going to redo 'Manimal'?

Killick and SpeedTchr like this.
  12. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I gave up after a few minutes. The dialogue was about on par with Knight Rider. That's not a compliment.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted