1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I hope Designated Survivor doesn't suck.

Jack Bauer as POTUS -- what's not to love?

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm hoping the same. Interesting premise, straight out of a Tom Clancy novel.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Will they cover anything not already done on Battlestar Galactica ?

4. Gave "The Good Place" a chance last night. One of the reviews said it was great. I only watched 10 minutes. Never laughed and moved on.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

"Pitch" and "Designated Survivor" are the only shows I've added to the DVR. Will probably check Kevin James' new sitcom, too

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The problem with this high concept (a good one) premise is that it might be better off as a movie than as a TV series. By episode, oh, nine, it's damn near Christmas, and Jack is just another President and you have the West Wing without the snappy patter or Madam Secretary with grim Kiefer instead of perky Tea. Or else it becomes an ongoing crisis like 24 and just gets ridiculous. They don't let the President get in gunfights or martial arts duels.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I was amused from time to time, watching the entire hour. I don't know if it holds up in the long run, though. Curiously, it bothers me that Kristen Bell is such a bad person on this show.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm giving it a shot but I'm thinking it'll end up like Commander in Chief, the Geena Davis-helmed series (lasted one whole season) from about a decade ago.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Designated Survivor is pretty damn good so far, I think.

Maybe I'm biased because of my love for 24, but I like it.

old_tony likes this.
  10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yup. I really enjoyed it. It'll be must-see TV for me for at least the next couple episodes. Hopefully it keeps its spark.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Flipped over at the end of the Giants' game, uh, debacle. Hooked!

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I was never a 24 aficionado, but I think I'm going to love this. I already feel like I have a stake in the main character.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted