1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Transgender Tipping Point

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 29, 2014.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Attack the messenger instead of hearing the message. Typical. You do love to cling to your ignorance.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

YankeeFan Caleb Hannan to the white courtesy phone. Caleb Hannan, white courtesy phone.

Intouch’s bruce jenner cover story is transphobic and absurd.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That doesn't even look feminine enough to get scrubbed from Orthodox Jew Daily.

4. Songbird

And of course The Family Guy shows this tonight ...

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

But, but... That's SATIRE, right? We must protect it at all costs. Je suis Family Guy.

6. Songbird

Only because I just read a cool little story and it reminded me of the cold chill that so obviously ran up Sweet Caleb's spine ...

Night Witches: The Female Fighter Pilots of World War II - The Atlantic

[​IMG]

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

There is an ad running on screen for
    Maude box set DVD.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Did Maude have a dick? Things that make you go "Hmm"?

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A transgender man from Spain had a private audience with Pope Francis at the Vatican on Saturday.
    Hoy, a newspaper in the Extremadura region of Spain, reported that Diego Neria Lejárraga and his fiancée had a private audience with the pontiff that took place at his official residence.

Neria told Francis in a letter that some of his fellow parishioners at the church he attends in the Spanish city of Plasencia rejected him after he underwent sex-reassignment surgery. He said a priest even called him “the devil’s daughter.”

Francis called Neria on Christmas Eve after receiving his letter.

The private audience took place a month later.

“After hearing him on many occasions, I felt that he would listen to me,” Neria told Hoy in an interview the newspaper published on Sunday.

The meeting took place against the backdrop of what many LGBT Catholics have described as the Vatican’s more moderate tone on marriage rights for same-sex couples and other issues since Francis became pope nearly two years ago.

Transgender man has private audience with Pope Francis

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Never heard of this site, but TMZ is going with it as well.

If this is what he wants -- and has wanted for a long time -- then good for him. I just hope it ends well, and by well, I pretty much mean any way other than suicide.

Draft saved Draft deleted