1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Transgender Tipping Point

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 29, 2014.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Um, what do they think the T in LGBT stands for?

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Tomato. Lettuce, guacamole, bacon and tomato.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I've known three tomatoes. One seemed happy. One was a mess. The third, a relative, just died.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, that's just the thing.

I think a lot of people thought they were for LGBT rights. But, they were never forced to think about what that meant, especially in terms of the "T".

Not to pick on anyone, and I feel a little bad, since he hasn't been around lately, but Dick Whitman was pretty clear that he wasn't on board with the full Transgender agenda, and said that being gay and being transgender are very different. The fact that they chose to align with each other didn't mean he had to support both of them.

If you saw how Chris Jones (among others) got into it on twitter with folks on the aftermath of the Caleb Hannan article, you will see that a lot of people assumed they were "right" on the issues, when they were not.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Is there such a thing?

6. NFL-Solomon

NFL-Solomon New Member

Yes. It involves surgery.

7. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Someone fully didn't understand what the T stood for? My gosh, what if a fifth letter "P" was added? I mean, it's not too hard to be informed here of an acronym.

8. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

There's part of this that would remind me of 40s German experiments, but then, some of it just makes sense. I look at women who had a touch of masculinity and think, socially, high school might have been a bit tough. Same for feminine men. Hormones have obviously played a part in this, so why wouldn't a president who has taken a major step in reshaping health care not include coverage for sex changes? Wouldn't it make the whole process of being who you think you are easier to achieve?

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

YF will be disappointed to know Caleb wasn't a part of this 15-minute video chronicling a Utah transgender whose parents have supported her throughout the process.

http://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/375255/The-Story-of-a-Mormon-Family-Who-Embraced-Their-Transgender-Daughter/

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You really are trying desperately for an argument even though nobody is giving you one. You may want to think about that.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Lennox Lewis's ex-promoter now a woman named Kellie.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/aug/10/frank-maloney-sex-change-kellie?CMP=twt_gu

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I feel like the town drunk just suggested I have a drinking problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted