1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trail of Vomit Starts in Louisville, KY.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

P.S. Draw a line between Pensacola and Baton Rouge and I'll be there, Mr. Jones.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That would be it. I got to P.J. Clarke's late and that is NOT my part of town. People were open to suggestions about where to go next, and I threw it out there. It's sort of close. Problem is, I thought it would be kind of funny... funnier than it actually was. I've been in there only a few times and each time it has been seedier than it was that night. When I think about it, I actually imagine it during the daytime filled with whinos getting their 10 a.m. fixes (presumably before an afternoon shopping at Bloomingdales). When we showed up it was nothing like that. It's a dive, but the drinks were ridiculously cheap and the bartender was really generous with the pours.

Who'd a thunk this is where cranberry and I would find common ground? At the Subway Inn!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

You know, if I hadn't wasted my money on a weekend gambling bender to the Vegas of the South, I'd probably be all about going to Louisville.
    Instead my surplus cash is bundled up at Sam's Town in Tunica and I'll be sitting at home this weekend, hoping for a decent I-AA game on Friday night and then beer, on my deck, Saturday.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You did screw up.

I gotta think the odds that Jones will be drinking somewhere are a lot greater than the odds of you getting out of Tunica with any cash in your pockets.

5. lono

lono Active Member

Jones:

Fuck it. I just may be able to make it.

Give me the where and when and pray to all that's holy I don't actually join you.

I'm really, really loud when I puke.

But goddamn, I'm fun getting there ...

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

And yet...you couldn't come see me. :(

7. Trolling for drunkards?
    Shame on you, young lady.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The idea of drinking with lono (which I've done often...Still sorry about that thing in the Sheraton bar) and drinking with Jones (which I've done 2-3 times, better each time) at the same time would be nearly enough for me to call in sick and drive 10 hours each way to do it.

If my boss didn't read this board.

Shit.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Trolling? I AM a drunkard!

Seriously, though, all of you have fun. And I expect more than one drunk dial or drunk text or drunk phone picture (I lost the one of Jones' ass in NYC when I changed phones).

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I WAS within a decent drive of this. No longer ...

Hoist a Mountain Dew for me ... or mock me for saying such. Whatever floats your glass ...

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Jonesy,

When are you coming back to my little 'burb?

Draft saved Draft deleted