1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trail of Vomit Starts in Louisville, KY.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Dec 10, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

All right, Joe! Way to play wingman, Jonesy! ;)

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

It's the leather pants, I'm telling you. I just hope Kate was able to get them off without the aid of Crisco, Windex or baby powder.

3. A gray dawn breaks over what was once a proud American city...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Word? Dead? Alive? Snowed in? Threesome? A snowed-in threesome?

5. joe

joe Active Member

Alive. Home.
    Jones is nothing if not a good host, and I have much love for him.
    I only spilled one pint on the bar and myself. I only started slurring my words at about 1 a.m. Kate was indeed a cutie pie; alas, Jones and I staggered to a cab and went home alone.
    Sorry the weather conspired against anyone else making it. But Jones and I tore it down, so you can all be proud.

6. lono

lono Active Member

Joe:

Glad you and Jones rocked the house.

I'll catch up with you two in another town down the road.

7. PhantomPunch

PhantomPunch Guest

Wow, this thread petered out in a hurry. Very anticlimactic, and I'm not talking about Mack Daddy Joe.

What all happened on the big drinking night?

8. joe

joe Active Member

Sitting at the Seelebach bar after our conversation in the brewpub with the man from Oz, Jones had his first Kentucky bourbon, Woodford (?) Reserve, I believe. I wanted a 30-year-old Macallan on the rocks, but at $240 -- you read that right -- a glass, I declined and had the 12-year-old instead.
    After that, we went to Bardstown Road, and we wound up at the Outlook Inn. How we got there, well, maybe Jones can enlighten folks on that one.
    Inside the cave that was our room, on the most comfortable beds ever, we slept till noon Sunday. We had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and watched a video of, as Jones said, Carlos Santana and his skullett. Freaky.
    I packed my stuff and left while Jones worked on a story. I stopped at the 5-Star gas station at Exit 105 in Indiana. You'll want to avoid the men's room for a while.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Hey Ragu! They're trying to close the Subway Inn! We need to help stop them.

http://observer.com/2014/08/subway-inn-owners-wont-go-without-a-fight/

You can sign the online petition here:

http://www.change.org/petitions/kate-daly-save-subway-inn

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I miss Jones and about 7/8 of the posters on this thread.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Wow, this thread brings back memories. Good times, they were.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I thought this was bumped in honor of last night's "purge" in Louisville ...

Draft saved Draft deleted