1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Top Songs of the Decade

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trey Beamon, Dec 14, 2009.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I will hunt you down.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

YAY!!! We got another one :)

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

This song has to be on any list of the top 50 songs of the decade........I'm sorry, it's a great fuckin' song!

"Since you've been gone" - Kelly Clarkson

Sorry, but that's a good tune and not at all the type of music I listen to.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Gulp.

Man, I didn't know there were so many hardcore Layne defenders around. I mean, I like the guy probably up until 1994 or so, but after that...eh...well things ain't so good.

Maybe I'm jaded because the only time I saw them was a shitty performance opening for KISS in 1996, but I think his addiction and his dickheaded attitude towards his band in the late stages of his life really screwed Cantrell and company out of some really productive years.

I don't fault the rest of the band for giving it a go again. Like I said before...what business did AC/DC have replacing Bon Scott? They didn't, yet they somehow made it work. There are crass reunions and replacements - Ripper Owens doing Rob Halford in Judas Priest, Journey, Thin Lizzy come to mind - for sure, but I'm not sure this one registers as much. It's Alice in Chains as much as my ears can tell, but it's moved onto to another era - yet it is not as removed from those heady '90s days as one might think.

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I went to as many AIC shows as my mom would allow (I grew up in Seattle and was probably 14 when they were coming up) and every one was great.

A buddy of mine got us backstage in 1996 at a show to meet some of the band and Layne was a pretty nice guy. Cantrell was an awesome person to chat with also. I always loved them. The new singer isn't half bad, but I want to remember AIC as the band I grew up with. So my love for Layne is probably selfish more than anything.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

As far as I'm concerned, the decade is going out on a high with "Uprising." Love that song. It's an anthem of the times.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Awesome, awesome song. Good call.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I should add My Morning Jacket's "One Big Holiday" to my list.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Don't you think?

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not nearly as dialed into the music world as I was a decade ago, but here are my favorites from the last 10 years...

Viva La Vida - Coldplay
    Beautiful Day - U2
    Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
    Mr. Brightside - The Killers
    99 Problems - Jay-Z
    Live your Life - T.I.

Draft saved Draft deleted