1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The top radio talk-show hosts

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, Feb 22, 2008.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Ordway is at his best interviewing. He did a one-on-one with John Harrington years ago where he asked questions that no one else in the provincial Boston media would ask at the time.

It's a shame he doesn't get more of a platform to do high-brow stuff, since he has the ability to hack it.

(But, yeah, 30, you're right, his show is unlistenable on most days.)

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yes and yes.

As for the list, all I needed to see was JT The Brick as one of the honorable mentions. Most irritating person I have ever heard anywhere.

3. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Shoot, I remember when he got fired from 102.5 KDON in Salinas for dropping an F-bomb on the air. And I still have his stunt of stringing pantyhose across the Golden Gate Bridge on tape from my high school days.

4. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Clark Howard is the only one out of that 100 that I listen to on a regular basis.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can't watch or listen to Glenn Beck for more than 15 seconds without thinking of a high school sophomore who thinks he's smarter than everybody. The eye-rolling, the witty sarcasm. I want to punch him in the face.

6. jmm1412

jmm1412 Member

Kornheiser is still great.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Call 'em by the name that Imus did when he was at WFAN -- Fatso and Fruit Loops.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

On PTI, yes.

9. jmm1412

jmm1412 Member

I think his radio show is even better.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

He's still good, but not as good as when he had reason to take a national focus.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

His radio show is a caricature of what it used to be.

12. I miss Don and Mike out of DC. They're awesome, but they're not played in my area.

Draft saved Draft deleted