1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Top Albums of the Decade

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dreunc1542, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Sorry, I meant by the general public. They're probably about where I'd put them if I did a list. But I don't have enough full albums to make a fair judgment on a full 25, most likely. Now a top 100 songs list? I could totally do that.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Really? I think Rubber Factory is their best album, hands down.

Different strokes I suppose ...

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I was only naming the ones I owned. Don't own Rubber Factory. There are some really good albums of bands I like that I don't own, for whatever reason. AGIB is my favorite Wilco album, but I don't own it.

4. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

I think we should try to to a singles list too and if we're really motivated, maybe even movies.

I was thinking it may be easier for everyone interested to nominate 25 albums, then from there we take the 50 or 60 most popular and the SJers involved then rank their top 10 or 15. Then we just use a points system to add up the final tally.

5. Suicide Squeezer

Since we're all writers too, it might be cool to have some sort of final roundup story for it and just divide up entries for SJers to write, like a person who selected the album as their No. 1. Nothing too long, just like 8-12 sentences or less.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Kind of do a countdown type thing, releasing each entry every 5-10 minutes or so with the write-up from someone on here? If we could get 25 people as voters, that would work really well.

7. Suicide Squeezer

Yeah, I think so too. That would work out pretty good.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The guy is a parody of himself now, but I'm not ashamed to admit I put Eminem's "Marshall Mathers LP" on my list.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Freaking GREAT CD.

I own four of the CDs on Dreu's list. I'm surprised by that. :D

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Why do I think they may be the same four that I own.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You own Sara Bareilles?

12. Suicide Squeezer

I think we're gonna have to allow artists to appear more than once, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted