1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Top Albums of the Decade

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dreunc1542, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The banner ad at the top of the page is touting the new collaboration from Timbaland and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger.

Tim, what the fuck, man? Why?

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I came of age a little later (missed out on 8 tracks) and was the vinyl-to-cassette transition years so by default I always use the term "album" instead of CD.
    Here's a list of some of the albums coming out next year:
    http://www.metacritic.com/music/upcomingreleases.shtml

3. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

Jan. 19 is shaping up to be a solid day with Cold War Kids, Editors, Eels and Spoon all dropping albums.

Also, it's good to see She & Him are putting out another album -- March 23.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Barricades & Brickwalls. Sorry, I can't turn the copy editor off.

ESJ, have you heard her new album of duets with her husband, Shane Nicholson? It's in my top three of the year along with the Raconteurs' Consolers of the Lonely and Wilco (the album).

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I've read three pages on this thread and have come to the conclusion that anything I say about music in the 2000s is going to come out sounding like:

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

It's a shame that someone who was alive and sentient when so much great music was being made back in the day has such shitty taste. :D

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I've heard some samples from it that I wasn't too sure if I liked or not. I loved her first two discs but after that I didn't care for Wayward Angel and then only thought Carnival was ok.

Draft saved Draft deleted