1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Top 40 "Re-Poll" ... June 9, 1984 (VOTES TABULATED)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I finally finished tabulating the votes.

First off, the response was overwhelming and I thank everyone for that. I went into this hoping to get 15 ballots ... I got 44 overall.

I'll announce when the countdown will occur in advance if you want to join in. It should be fun.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

When it announce it, will you intersperse it with a long-distance dedication?

3. Bubbler

More facts ...

-- Every single song on the ballot got at least one vote, evidence of the strength of this particular week. No song was unanimously selected. In fact, none were close.

-- Sixteen individual songs got number one votes. Sixteen songs also got worst votes (not everyone voted for their worst). Four songs got both a number one vote and a worst vote.

-- One teaser ... the song that got the most No. 1 votes did NOT take the No. 1 spot overall.

-- One more ... one song that got some of the most significant No. 1 vote consideration, got little consideration otherwise, putting it in the middle of the pack. It was, by far, the biggest statistical anomaly in the balloting.

When I can bloc out some time, we'll count 'em down.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

About a little dog named Snuggles? :D

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Dammit, if Sister Christian isn't No. 1 overall, I'll hunt you all down. [/byh]

6. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I wasn't hip to this thread, but seein' as '84 was the year the former Mrs. Muscatel and I called it splitsville, a little short of two years, I wanted to contribute:

(sorry I missed the deadline Bubbler)

1. Eyes Without a Face
    2. When Doves Cry
    3. Legs
    4. Time After Time
    5. Heart of Rock & Roll
    6. Rock You Like a Hurricane
    7. Against All Odds
    8. The Reflex
    9. Borderline, I guess ...
    boy it's going straight downhill from here ... the first five of the worst, startin' with the shittiest ...

1. The Longest Fucking Time, Billy Joel sucks rocks
    2. Hello ... fuck no, goodbye
    3. To All The Girls I've Loved Before, uh, I better not touch this one
    4. Footfuckin'loose
    5. Don't remember No Way Out, but Jefferson Starship truly blew in spectacular fashion ...

did I mention how much Billy Joel sucks?
    can't hurt to do it again

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's a winner, right there.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

How's your fantasy team doing, Buck?

*pause*

SHIT!!!!!

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The league voted, and you are now required to change your team name to Belinda's Solo Show.

10. Deskhack

Deskhack Member

Sorry for the long bump here, but the AT 40 playing on XM right now is almost exactly the same as this one, but I think a couple weeks later.

11. Bubbler

I heard it too. Actually some of the songs were off the Cashbox poll I used by as many as 10 spots. I think the top 5 was pretty much the same though. Styx's horrid Music Time made that poll and didn't make Cashbox, a pity, because it definitely would be in the worst-of field.

Draft saved Draft deleted