1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The time has come: NFL predictions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

Bring it.

AFC East – Patriots 11-5, Jets 9-7, Bills 6-10, Dolphins 6-10
    AFC North – Ravens 12-4, Bengals 10-6$, Browns 6-10, Steelers 5-11 (most overrated team).
    AFC South – Colts 11-5, Titans 10-6, Jaguars 9-7, Texans 4-12.
    AFC West – Chargers 12-4, Chiefs 11-5$, Broncos 9-7, Raiders 3-13.
    AFC playoffs – Colts over Bengals; Patriots over Chiefs; Colts over Ravens; Chargers over Patriots; Colts over Chargers.
    NFC East – Eagles 11-5, Cowboys 8-8, Redskins 8-8, Giants 7-9.
    NFC North – Bears 11-5, Packers 8-8, Vikings 6-10, Lions 3-13.
    NFC South – Saints 10-6*, Panthers 10-6$, Falcons 3-13, Bucs 3-13 (NFL’s worst team).
    NFC West – Rams 10-6, Seahawks 9-7*$, 49ers 9-7, Cardinals 6-10.
    NFC playoffs – Rams over Panthers; Saints over Seahawks; Rams over Eagles; Saints over Bears; Rams over Saints.
    Super Bowl XLII – Colts over Rams.

*win tiebreaker
    $ wild card

Yeah the Rams. I said it. If they get any kind of defensive improvement, they can be dangerous in a shitty NFC with their solid offense.
  2. pallister

pallister Guest

Rams? This thread has lost all credibility.

Having said that, Bears over Bengals in XLII; Bubbler's head explodes.
  3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Michael Vick will revolutionize the game.
  4. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm thinking "Longest Yard: Where My Dogs At?"
  5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Chargers go 2-0 to start the season (host Bears, at Pats) and then will lose to Green Bay in Week 3.
  6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The Saints couldn't beat the Bears at Soldier Field last year, but with virtually the same two teams on the field, you see that changing?
  7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Peyton Manning will continue to take photos in which he tries to look tough, like this weeks SI (where he looks like he's pinching a loaf) and that Colts-Saints Thursday Night Game ad where he looks like he's channeling Anakin Skywalker . . .badly. He will also wave his arms like a moron at the line of scrimmage on every single play, and no one will fall for it. And he will still have a well-earned Super Bowl ring.

Wish I could make picks, but I can't think of a single team that is overwhelming in the league this year. Maybe New England, if Moss wasn't an ass. Maybe Indianapolis, if the defense had improved. Maybe the Saints, if last year hadn't felt so much like lightning in a bottle. Maybe the Bears, if they had a serviceable and consistent QB. Maybe the Ravens, if they weren't one QB injury from disaster. Maybe the Chargers, if they had a better coach and a big-play wideout.

I do know the Raiders will suck.
  8. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

I see it changing because that's when I think Bad Rex shows up. I also don't think the Bears are the same offensively without Thomas Jones and that puts even more pressure on Grossman. I don't think Benson can carry the same load.

If the Bears didn't have a combustible QB and had a proven running back, they'd be an easy Super Bowl pick.
  9. pallister

pallister Guest

Don't sleep on the other Adrian Peterson, Bubs.
  10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I predict my DVR will be recording this Saturday when SNL re-airs Peyton Manning's show.
  11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I thought you were being halfway serious until I read the KC at 11-5.

Is this a joke prediction?

Colts over the Eagles
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I predict there will be tons of hype and pagenatry surrounding every NFL game, yet most will be duds. There will be many lousy quarterbacks who can barely throw a 10-yard out, leading to dull contests decided by long field goals. Announcers will continue to call end arounds reverses and no one will laud offensive line play. Many teams will go 7-5 or 5-7 and tell their fans that exciting playoff action is right around the corner. The league will crack down on fun touchdown celebrations like China cracks down on anyone telling the truth.

Yet the league will remain insanely popular and I will watch every game.
Draft saved Draft deleted