1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Tiger Woods Sit-Down: Who gets it?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Dec 5, 2009.

?

Who does Tiger give his first TV interview to?

1. Matt Lauer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Barbara Walters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Oprah Winfrey

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  4. Jim Nantz

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. Random Golf Channel Guy

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Larry King

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Dr. Phil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Jeremy Schaap or other ESPN-type

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  9. 60 Minutes

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  10. Bryant Gumbel on Real Sports

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  11. No interview on this until the book tour (whenever that is).

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  12. Other

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't know about it "passing" but if he doesn't talk between now and his first tournament of 2010, the question becomes "Tiger, can you talk about how difficult the last few months have been?" from anything more specific.

He'll only do a sit-down if his sponsors think it will help his image and anyone who has ever seen him interviewed knows he'll come across like a petulant prick, so smart money is on no interviews until 2010.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think Tiger is Oprah's type. ;D

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

If Tiger is going to do an interview, my guess is that he would do it just to be able to say, "I already answered those questions." So why not Ferguson?

4. Board Stiff

Board Stiff Member

Leno.
    It'll be someone he's comfortable with, and he's been on Leno many times and he knows Leno will only toss him softball questions.
    With Larry King and the others listed, he would have to get serious and sit through a long interview. But with Leno, he can just smile and laugh at Leno's dumb jokes and be done with it after a 15-minute segment.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Hugh Grant would agree.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Interesting - I just realized that at least six on the list have had to deal with cheating rumors/infidelity issues within their own relationships.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Tiger couldn't take a joke from Leno if it was "why did the chicken cross the road?" The sumbitch wouldn't smile.

Leno: Hey Tiger, how it's going?
    Tiger: The golf course looks good, my golf swing feels good, I like my chances.
    Leno: I see you are out here in L.A. to defend your title at Pebble Beach. I bet you won't have any distractions this weekend, huh, Tiger?
    Tiger: The golf course looks good, my golf swing feels good, I like my chances.
    Leno: Would like a glass of water? Pepsi? Coke?
    Tiger: The golf course looks good, my golf swing feels good, Elin has my driver.

There's no way in hell he's going to do a sit-down with anyone. I bet Elin won't do one either.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You forgot, "What would your dad say about this?" and "Maybe you'd like to take our Green Car challenge - I promise, there are no trees or fire hydrants on the course."

Though I'm not enthused about guest host Blake Lively - I figure SNL might be pretty good this week between Tiger and the party crashers (hello, two douchebags) - even they should be able to make some good stuff up right?

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

This.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The hardest question Golf Channel would ask is what club was used to break out the Escalade's windows.

I agree with those who say he's not talking.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Winner.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Hell, he hasn't even talked to the police. What makes you think he's going to talk to the media?

Draft saved Draft deleted