1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Thread In Which We All Repudiate Ted Nugent

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Apr 17, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nugent and Gary Richrath get together every once in a while, pound beers and lament having to put their talents to the service of wimpy power ballads.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

He fired Derek St. Holmes after, I believe, his first big solo album so that he could get more attention. He sang lead on Cat Scratch Fever, for sure.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Meat Loaf was the lead singer on Dog Eat Dog. St. Holmes sang Nugent's best, Stranglehold.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Stranglehold was the jam. So was Great White Buffalo. Cat Scratch Fever sucks.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"If Barack Obama gets elected in November I'll either be dead or in jail."

Here's to fucking hoping.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And I can't ever think of Ted Nugent and Damn fucking Yankees without this bit from Patton Oswalt.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Say you're running the Secret Service and you see this tape. What do you do?

(non-obvious Columbian hooker jokes welcomed in addition to semi-serious and serious responses)

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think that he was in the Three Musketeers.

No wait, that was nougat.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't care about his politics, but can I repudiate Ted Nugent for writing some of the most idiotic songs about sex in the history of mankind? They're not erotic nor clever, they're fucking stupid.

And then combining those lyrics with some of the most pro-forma, horribly dated production techniques and accompaniment?

And while I'm at, can I repudiate him for having some of the worst album covers of all-time? I mean, just look at this ...

[​IMG]

That's one of his better ones too.

Did groupies in the late 70s really think the passed-out-Jesus-at-the-bus-station look was the primrose path to a wet vagina?

Finally, can I repudiate him for claiming during his Amboy Dukes days that he didn't know Journey To The Center Of The Mind (in which he admittedly kicks ass on guitar) was about drugs despite the following album cover?

[​IMG]

I humbly ask the Motor City Madman to please play Journey To The Center Of The Mind, Great White Buffalo and nothing else and otherwise STFU.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Pony Express.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I don't know what Nugent's politics were like when he shit his pants to get out of the Vietnam war. I guess a lot of people who dodged the draft back then became conservatives when they got older and maybe decided that what they thought was a lot of crap about God and country wasn't a lot of crap.
    If that's what happened with Nugent, it's a shame he didn't fatally OD before changing his world view.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Or tomorrow.

Draft saved Draft deleted