1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "The Last Dance" Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I had no idea. It was very insensitive of me not to know that.

2. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It’s not insensitive. There are things in sports that surprise me, as well, and I think, “Why do I not remember something like that!”

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I learned yesterday Wayman Tisdale died in 2009. It happens.

4. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I find it strange that Horace and Scottie were both asked about controversial things most people already knew about and now they’re miffed that they ended up in the doc. How did they expect that to be presented?

I agree that Pippen was portrayed fairly, and even given some credit I didn’t previously think he deserved. He came off looking fairly good.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It's amazing that Pippen was so raw coming out of college. You'd think Nolan Richardson would have better prepared him for the NBA.

7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Now I think you are just playing around with us. ;)

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I think the doc did a good job underscoring that four people were essential to the Bulls dynasty: Jordan, Winter, Jackson and Pippen. All the other pieces changed over time.

Fuck. Maybe Krause since he pushed the hiring of Jackson and the drafting of Pippen.

9. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Krause may have played as big of a role as anyone outside of Jordan during that run. Pippen gave him his due at the end of the doc, but Jordan seemed aloof to how important Krause was in bringing those teams together. That's probably due to bitterness over how it all ended, because of Krause.

10. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

One thing I'm curious about with the migraine game ... I'm a migraine sufferer so I can sympathize. I've tried to power through things when I've felt them coming on (writing a gamer is not fun with one), but sometimes it becomes too unbearable. I can't imagine trying to play a sport with one. But my question is: Is Scottie a regular sufferer of migraines? Was that answered? If not, it seems weird that one would just come on. Could have been a horrible headache due to massive dehydration? A hangover? Something else? I'm just curious about the whole thing

Tweener likes this.
  11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I worked with a reporter 20+ years ago who dated him in college. Said every day with him was a roller coaster.

"I knew he was going to the NBA and was going to make millions... and it still wasn't worth the swings."

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Krause deserves a great deal of credit, he made the move to Jackson even after Collins went to two straight East. Conf. finals, traded Oakley for an older Cartwright, found Pippen, found Kukoc, drafted Grant and BJ, etc. (no credit for Rodman, MJ wanted him after Space Jam games).

He also gets the blame for the idiotic proclamation at the start of the year that Jackson is gone even if they go 82-0 and for his obvious pining for credit. Think of the best GMs in any sport, I don't recall anyone ever trying to get credit, they all understood/understand that the message has to be that ultimately the players win games. Krause was singular in swimming upstream in that respect.

Draft saved Draft deleted