1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "The Last Dance" Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"For all the torment that he inflicted on Krause for being chubby and ungainly and eager to take the Bulls in a new direction, Jordan hasn’t done Krause’s job much better than Krause would have done Jordan’s."

Ziiing.

Liut likes this.
  2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I was telling a friend the other day that this mini-series, at it's core, is built to shit on Isiah Thomas and Jerry Krause. It's dwindled Patrick Ewing down to some random tall guy that Jordan and Pippen dunked on for giggles. It's been fun, but there was definitely a goal.

But Isiah shouldn't be too mad. This got his name in the news for few weeks and got me to re-watch Game 6 of the 1988 Finals on YouTube. What a great game.

Liut and Webster like this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

What's more insulting: the bukkake that Jordan has tossed onto Thomas's face in back-to-back weeks or the complete glossing over of the 1992 NBA Finals and Portland? People forget that everyone was looking forward to a potential Jordan vs. Drexler 1991 Finals until Portland shit the bed against the Lakers. Portland had the best record in the NBA that year, then regressed to 57 wins the following year. Not only did they not interview Drexler for this, despite Jordan referencing the comparisons between the two, they didn't interview anyone from that team -- including Danny Ainge, who they have on camera discussing the Bulls rivalry with the Celtics and the 1993 Finals against Phoenix the following year. Really? You couldn't bother to ask Ainge one softball question while you were already talking to him?

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Even Krause dancing after they beat the Pistons had to include Pippen ribbing him.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

To be fair, that's pretty much how I remembered Ewing anyway.

I have no idea if they approached Drexler, but I would assume they did. Would YOU do an interview for this if you were Drexler? Love Clyde, but Clyde is largely a punchline for Jordan's career. Clyde is the reason the Blazers decided they shouldn't draft Jordan. They met in the finals and Clyde got his ass handed to him. He had nothing to gain here.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I don't think many guys would be keen on contributing to yet another installment of ZOMG JORDAN, especially one in which he had final say.

Liut and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

And to be fair if that's the case you're either under 30 or not very bright.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, spare me.

Ewing was a great player whose NBA career is largely defined by (a) losing to the Bulls, and once Jordan was out of the way (b) losing to the Rockets.

Serious question: what was Patrick Ewing's career highlight?

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Fucking chump.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

He was a tremendous rebounder and shot blocker; on the other end, he’s a freakin specimen and his go to shot is a fade-away spinning in the lane. At least that’s my best memory. Weak.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He got that blowjob in the champagne room.

Liut likes this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

He was the second-sweatiest NBA player I've ever seen, behind Vlade Divac.

Draft saved Draft deleted