1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The terrorists have won (Metallica version)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Good call on Slayer. Raining Blood from that album is about as fast and hard as it gets.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm with Mizzou. I loved everything before the black album. The black album itself was great for what it was.

And they haven't released anything that was decent, let alone up to their standards, since then.

I know I got older, but they got way, way shittier.

I'll still throw in Master of Puppets from time to time, but that's about it.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Kill Em All doesn't hold up as well as Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets and And Justice for All all do, but it's still a great album...

I agree that the black album was great for what it was, but it still didn't measure up to any of the previous four...

I've lost track of how many times I've seen Metallica live, but they are fantastic... I haven't seen them since the whole Napster fiasco.

4. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I figured Hetfield was detained for guilt by association, thanks to his co-collaborator's Napster jones. That's some of the silliest crap I've ever heard and Metallica gets no props from me. Ever.

That said, "a Taliban beard?" Come on...

Draft saved Draft deleted