1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Tebow Family Would Like To Remind You....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Not ripping him for his season...which has been outstanding.

Not saying he's "going pro"...as a sophomore, he can't.

Not ripping his religion...whatever gets you through the night.

Ripping the boneheaded assertion that his being a Christian somehow makes him a "good person." I'm sure there are plenty of good athletes who are good kids who also don't genuflect. What's wrong with them?

Though I will say that since pro sports is presently gorged with annoying dopes who opt to inject Jesus into everything they say, you'll forgive me for harboring doubts about anyone keeping that stuff private once they hit the public eye. We can dream, can we not?

The thought that one day I may be able to enjoy sports without such pollution...it's a titillating notion.

2. PhantomPunch

PhantomPunch Guest

Yeah, I guess you gotta give it up in here. I guess we'd be ripping Chase Daniel if Mizzou had won tonight.

Me, I love a guy who's having a great season. I root like hell to see what else the guy can do. Tebow, McFadden, Kevin Smith, whoever.

I wouldn't rip any of those guys, and neither would they. Competition is what it's all about.

3. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Didn't I just say Tebow is having an outstanding season?

Coulda sworn I just said that.

4. BBJones

BBJones Guest

It's my responsibilititty.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i hear the muslims are winning in overall numbers.

6. Kaylee, why do you get upset about an athlete speaking about their faith? Does it harm you in some way for Kitna to say, "I give the glory to Jesus."

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if jesus and his main man were responsible for these, they deserve plenty of glory.

8. soccer10k

soccer10k Member

[nitpicking]
    Technically, it's because he's a true sophomore. A redshirt sophomore could go pro since he would be three years out of high school.
    [/nitpicking]

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This thread was better when it was about boobs.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, well now it's about Jesus. Deal with it.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

So the next time Bono gets on his high horse about something he has no business talking about, I'll expect the same line from you, right?

12. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Shouldn't you post as "DDJones" on this thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.