1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Swimsuit Issue

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Yeah, everyone on here is right. Gals in bikinis in the depths of winter are ugly. ... This woman is spectacular. Never seen her before.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2008_swimsuit/models/irina-shayk/

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i hate to say it, but not impressed.

3. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

I haven't seriously peeked SI's Swimsuit issue since my sophomore year in college. Considering that OJ Simpson was less than four months away from being a national embarrassment and Michigan still had four members of the Fab Five on the roster, I'd say that's pretty damn long.

4. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Congratulations on your longevity.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wifey gives me 1 week then says its going in recycling.

This is truly oversaturation nowadays. Too much competition. Too much bones, not enough meat. This peaked with Tiegs and Uptown Girl Brinkley although Ireland made the descent easier.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what are you talking about? does it get any better than brinkley and ireland?

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

There were a lot of models better than the current crop. No one can argue with Brinkley, Macpherson and Ireland. But I have some personal favorites -- Stacy Williams, Ashley Richardson-Montana, Heidi Klum. Gorgeous girls with bodies, not so freaking skinny.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

mmmmm, a macklum ... mmmmmmmmm

9. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Disagree. Marisa Miller, Brooklyn Decker and Bar Rafeli are FANTASTIC vs. any era. The rest, eh. But those three? Hot-damn.

rb

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

On a somewhat related note, Lohan crosses over to the dark side this week in New York Magazine -- a nude shoot depicting Marilyn Monroe's Playboy photoshoot.

The link is to the magazine's main page; anything past that is most definitely NSFW.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

We had a thread on it yesterday, but it was quickly locked after the board's resident dipshit thought it would be funny to post said pics.

THOSE PICS BETTER NOT BE POSTED HERE EITHER.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What do you have against freckles, Gutter?

Draft saved Draft deleted