1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Summer Place to be...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by budcrew08, Jul 25, 2007.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

The biggest horse racing meet in the world begins its six-week journey today at Saratoga. All the top horses, jockeys and trainers are scheduled to appear at the Spa as it looks like all three Triple Crown winners will race at the track this year.

Is this a big deal around the country? Or is it something that's only big to a few places that have world-famous thoroughbred horse racing?

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

No way it's a big deal on a national level anymore. But I like horse racing and would love to spend a week at Saratoga during the meet.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Afterward, I will fly my Learjet to Nova Scotia to see a total eclipse of the sun.

4. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Football... you're so vain.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You probably think this thread is about you. Don't you? Don't you?

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

that apricot scarf look---not so good.

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I have to tell you that I didn't have a clue what you were talking about until I did some investigating. I found this AP story by Richard Rosenblatt: http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/07/23/ap3942878.html

I've never been into horse racing. But the story really isn't about horse racing so much as it's about tradition and the electricity that sparks the air for those who do love the sport.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Well played, sir.

9. lapdog

lapdog Member

I'm sure we can count on the fine JRC publication in Saratoga to supply the world with complete, comprehensive reports on all the festivities. If they haven't pulled all the plugs already, that is.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Ace had you several years ago, when you were still quite naive.

11. A great place to spend a week. Not Keeneland, but close.
    And will somebody please explain to me why there are these clouds in my coffee?

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I used to think she was saying "clowns"

Draft saved Draft deleted