1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The state of journalism, or this kid is a moron

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 29, 2015.

1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I think they are referring to Nanticoke, which is where the bar was located. However, from fb posts of friends in the area...there are a lot of pissed off people.

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I'm at a loss for words. How in the world did this column ever make it to print??? He had a "right" to say what he said??? Really??? Let me guess, the "editor" that approved this is about 27 or 28 years old.

3. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

Since he shows no qualms about making a broad statement about women being able to score free drinks without any resistance, I’ll feel better applying my own preconceived notions to anyone who wears camo clothing in public.

4. The editor approves!

[​IMG]

Doc Holliday likes this.
  5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

The column in question:
    NEPA Citizens
    Nice touch having the first word be a typo. At least the name of his column is appropriate.

“We never intended for anyone to believe we were veterans” my ass.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I couldn't even make this up, he writes.

Yes, he could.

7. Doc Holliday

Good Lord. What newspaper in their right mind would run this shit? And what fucking editor thinks this moron has a "right" to this kind of shitty-ass writing? Unfuckingbelievable.

Also, when did "tits" become acceptable vernacular for newspapers? I would fire them both. Yesterday.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    murphyc likes this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

They've gotten death threats.

I prefer burning at the stake.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Should we at least consider the possibility the inmates were running the asylum while all the muckety-mucks were starting their Christmas breaks early? No decent editor would have thought this was a good idea. Ridiculous.

10. FYI... according to The Chive ...

[​IMG]

11. Doc Holliday

I can see that. I love her "I didn't know it was wrong" excuse. WTF.

murphyc and BDC99 like this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That was offensive before it ever got to the part about veterans. Fire them both, yesterday.

Draft saved Draft deleted