1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The start of another Mass. witch-hunt

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Sep 20, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Apologies if this is a d_b, but I couldn't find a thread with this info anywhere.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3028585

Apparently, someone forgot to set up a phony mailing address b/c the federales are hot on the trail. A "well-known, 6-foot-5, 276-lbs. entertainer/athlete from Massachusetts received a shipment of hGH lately. I'm not sure if they meant an entertainer/athlete who lives in or plays in Mass., but this could mean some bad news for Pats and/or Sox fans. Among the athletes on either team that fit this description are: Ortiz, Junior Seau, Adalius Thomas, Richard Seymour (a stretch), Mike Vrabel and Ben Watson.

Schilling is the only other Sox player that approaches the approx. weight, and I doubt he's on anything more powerful than Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts. A Celtic at that height & weight is useless and I'm not sure how much Beantowners care about the Bruins anymore. I am really hoping that it isn't Ortiz. As much as he kills the Yanks, he seems like one of the better people in the game today.

Edit: Anyone know the actual dimensions of John Cena and/or Triple H?

2. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

"The U.S. Attorney's office disagrees, saying that Specialty supplied HGH for a "well-known" athlete in Massachusetts and an "entertainer/athlete" who received a shipment was 6-foot-5, 276 pounds, according to the New York Daily News."

When I read this, I wasn't sure if it was one person or two. I read it as being two people. One who is a well-known athlete in Massachusetts, and a second person who is an "entertainer/athlete" who is 6-foot-5 and 276 pounds.

The entertainer/athlete description made me think pro wrestler.

3. Also my problem.
    If it's two people, it reads that the "athlete/entertainer" is the one who's 6-5, 276.

4. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Phila, just to answer your wrestling size questions, John Cena is listed as 6-1 and 240. Triple H is listed as 6-4, 260. Duane "The Rock" Johnson, however, is listed at 6-5, 275 pounds.

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Thanks, Seahawk. It would suggest that The Game might be The Culprit with those dimensions, but I just read that he either lives in NH or CT.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Who wrote that ESPN story? What is the 'nab'?

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Ralph Wiggum

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Aren't Willie McGinest or Richard Seymour about that size?

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Both are listed over three bills.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Wouldn't be McGinest-he's not with the Pats anymore.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's Denny Crane

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

But if he lived in Massachusetts, he could still count. Also, in reading the story ...

"The U.S. Attorney's office disagrees, saying that Specialty supplied HGH for a "well-known" athlete in Massachusetts and an "entertainer/athlete" who received a shipment was 6-foot-5, 276 pounds, according to the New York Daily News."

... Seems like they're talking about two people here, no? One in Massachusetts, the other an entertainer/athlete who's 6-5. 276.

Draft saved Draft deleted