1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Stanley Cup Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Apr 8, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Sounds good enough to me.

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

So, um, are the Finals supposed to start any time soon?
    Or did they already play, and we just missed it down here in the Versus-free States?

GREAT job, NHL.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The Final starts on July 4th Monday

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

And everyone please take note - it's the "Stanley Cup final." Singular. There is only one series taking place, therefore it cannot be referred to as the "finals," no matter what David Stern would have you believe.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

We stumbled on the "Final" thing Friday when we thought one of our designers left off the S (not unusual). We'll run the logo because it is what it is. But in copy and type we generate, we're going with Stanley Cup Finals. It's at least four games, four isn't singular.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You're wrong. Simple as that.

Whether it's four games or forty, it's the fnal series of the tournament, ergo, The Stanley Cup Final.

I'm thinking if the NHL calls it that, maybe your paper should as well.

It's a pretty serious error.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Recently, there's been a lot of publicity surrounding Ottawa Senators goalie Ray Emery, including a feature in this week's SI. That's a positive for a league that really needs positive press.

8. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

It's the final. It's one series, producing one winner. The Stanley Cup final.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Final-ly, I am happy to see that the series is just about ready to begin. Good for Emery getting the SI treatment. I'm sure it's not the cover so the Sens have a shot.

I think Ducks if it goes 7, Sens if it goes 6.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Buck, did you get tix for the games in Anaheim?

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's going to be such a good series...

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Not yet, TD. Gonna stalk the street tomorrow, hope to get something close to face.

Draft saved Draft deleted