1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Stanley Cup Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Apr 8, 2007.

1. KG

KG Active Member

Hell yeah!!

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Correct. And Pronger does have a history of hits like this (not just in this playoff season either).

He should get suspended for two games (and then Anaheim can win the next two and he wouldn't be able to celebrate on the ice as the clock ran down).

Even better would be if Ottawa were to win the Cup.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Bettman's in a tough spot here. If you run a guy (particularly a guy that good) for more than one game in the SCF, that's a HELL of a punishment. At the same time, you can't let anybody repeatedly go for the head (I, admittedly, haven't seen tonight's hit).

If it's as bad as it sounds, one isn't enough. But two might almost be too much. And, yes, I know that doesn't make any sense. It would be better, though, to err on the side of giving him too many games, IMO.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

My, my, my. We're going to have a series.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Bettman ain't laying down the suspension; Colin Campbell will. Pronger was already suspended for one game for hitting high. If he didn't learn after the Holmstrom hit, then it's on the league to send a message. Two games of the Cup Finals should do the trick.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I don't even know why I wrote Bettman. I've gotta be smarter than that. 2 minutes for dumbassery. I feel shame.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Does anyone really want to see Pronger hoist the Cup?

8. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Hank, I do even though Pronger has done some crazy things in these playoffs. I am still for Anaheim considering how undisciplined their play was on Saturday.

I have to give props to Elliotte Friedman on the online post game wrap up on Saturday for the confidence he showed in wearing "unique" shoes on his suit. It takes a bold person to wear those shoes, but I must say that they are actually a really nice pair of shoes. There is one thing though, Elliotte says that Kelly Hrudey's yellow shirt stood out in the crowd, but Elliotte has a bright yellowish suit that goes with a blueish coloured tie (Check the game one Ottawa/Buffalo post game show) My question is how is that no more an eye-opener than Kelly's shirt? Anyway, I like the boldness these reporters/correspondents have shown on the broadcasts with their wardrobe. Tres chic!

Again, a fine post game webcast full of humour, great analysis and updates. You all have to check it out
    if you haven't already done so.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Ducks, at least this time, have home ice advantage if this series turns out needing to go to Game 7. If it goes 6 (providing the Sens tie the series tonight), it should be really interesting. The Ducks are 0-5 on the road in the Cup Finals and 5-0 at home in the Cup Finals.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hit on Elliotte if I were you. IJAG will gouge out your eyes. :)

11. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Trust me, JR, I think Kelly Hrudey is the better one to hit on ;D ;) (although Kelly is married...I could not hit on a married man)

Draft saved Draft deleted