1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sports Editor - Episode 1

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 30, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

That's still a long way from 75,000, which is what you were claiming the TU was.

2. "For the next episode, maybe they'll have something on the sports editor's head exploding when they get beat by ESPN on the latest Jaguars story."

That hasn't happened in a long, long time - at least a couple of years...just saying.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

People who don't work in a newsroom don't give a shit.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow, i'm shocked at the amount of people bringing the hate on this one.

fuck, those guys tried something new and different. so what?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've ripped the TU as much as anyone on this board, but the last two times I've picked it up, I've been pretty impressed.

The golf coverage is outstanding. I'm not sure the college coverage is as good as back when Matty Hayes was covering Florida, but it's not bad.

Jags coverage is outstanding.

But, yes, they still have Frenette.

6. JHath

JHath Member

Episode II is up. Enjoy.

http://www.jacksonville.com/multimedia/video/?bcpid=1329229943&bclid=1308023108&bctid=1834405432

7. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Just watched Episode II. I liked it, though you could tell where it was going pretty early on. I bet your IT guys love seeing Chet throw away a computer.

8. JHath

JHath Member

The computer already was wrecked in a rain storm last year. No usable computers were harmed in the making of this film.

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I thought it was pretty damn funny.

It got me to thinking: I started out doing high school games 31 years ago, and if I tried to go out and do one now, at least the first couple of times, I'd be completely lost...

10. pallister

pallister Guest

The main prep game doesn't get in the first two editions and there's no swearing? I don't buy it. :)

11. Sp0rtScribe

Sp0rtScribe Member

The last two episodes are up. I had completely lost track of this until I found it while doing a search.

The racing episode was boring but I didn't mind the golf one all that much. Still, the first two episodes have been a lot better than the last.

Draft saved Draft deleted