1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The South Does It Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

A rebel battle flag has been raised as part of memorial off I 95 just
    outside Richmond.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/confederate-battle-flag-raising-scheduled-saturday-south-of-richmond/2013/09/28/1c3b3114-282e-11e3-8ab3-b5aacc9e1165_story.html

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One fun quote:

"As sons and daughters of the South, we have inherited a birthright. Ours is a proud heritage."

So what heritage are they talking about? The heritage of slavery? Of denying certain members of the population basic civil rights? The heritage of putting a rebel flag on the roof of the car and yelling "YEE-HAH!" What heritage?

3. Boom_70

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Boom_70

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The new and revised Confederate States of America isn't far behind. And, no, it won't include Obamacare.

6. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

or civil rights
    or rights for women
    or edgumacation
    it will however include mandatory participation in football for all males 4-18. Don' wanner be no nation a' wussies

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Isn't this nothing more than a high school painting a rock on the hill overlooking their rival after being outscored 50-6?

8. Boom_70

I could see this happening in some other parts of the country but I've
    never thought of The Richmond area as this backwards.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

CSA Mark II will also include a good swath of the Great Plains and the Intermountain West. Probably how the Civil War would've broken down if they had all 48 contiguous states.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I've said for a while that we need a northern and southern US. They get everything west of I-95, everything south of I-70 and everything east of the Arizona border,.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Not all of the villages and hamlets in Chesterfield County have been pacified yet.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Southern heritage?? Please.

I am as ass-backwards conservative as anyone on this board but the Rebel flag has no place in our society. A tradition of slavery, the formal attempt to destroy the nation and then after starting a war that killed so many, many Southerners made it their mission to make life as miserable as possible for minorities for 100 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted