1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Soup," and all of its awesomeness . . . . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Hilarious show. Never miss an episode. It's also the show that got me to start watching some of E's bad television. The Kardashians are great to watch when you remember McHale's line "Kim, who is famous for having a big ass and a sex tape . . ."

Yeah, I think the brunette who is in most of their spoofs is cute.

And of course:

Double Down's description was best: this show is like the smart kid in the back of the class making fun of the cool and trendy kids. Hell, I was that kid. Which is probably a good explanation for why I never got any dates . . . . .

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I miss the old John Henson and Aisha Tyler days...the new Soup is good too

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Soup has more LOL moments in one 30-minute episode than an entire month of SNL.

I always wonder how much of that McHale writes.

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I love Joel McHale and The Soup.

The Soup recently lampooned this little cooking show called, "The Dutch Oven and Camp Cooking." That is as hard as I've laughed at something with no sound.

Then McHale throws out "Are you mad because we're making fun of you?"

And they show more of the host preparing food without speaking. I swear I watched that segment half a dozen times. Sublime.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I miss the original Greg Kinnear days.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

One of the highlights of my week is hanging out in bed on Saturday mornings watching The Soup off the Tivo.

Joel must write a lot of it, because they came back on midway through the writers' strike and there wasn't much off their fastball. And Piotr, I'm pretty sure the brunette is the Real World girl they used to show having her screaming fits.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Apropos to this board, he was on the football roster at Washington for a few seasons:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22047-2005Feb13.html?sub%3Dnew?=AR

Between "Best Week Ever" and "The Soup," my wife and I get more than our recommended weekly allowance of celebrity snark. We're total addicts.

8. Inky_Wretch

I think he was talking about the brunette staffer who imitated the hysterical RW girl a few times.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

But Brooke (I just remembered her name) does do some skits for them, right?

10. Inky_Wretch

I think she might have shown up for one episode as a guest, after the staffer had imitated her for several months.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He is very, very funny. I hadn't watched the show in a while and then we stumbled on it a couple of years ago -- during the Whitney Houston "kiss my ass!" days, We have watched every week since. I think that the strike knocked out a sitcom pilot which he did. Also, I don't think that E! uses union writers, which is why they were on during the strike.

His ripping on Tyra alone is worth watching. The Seacrest stuff is also great.

Probably 5-8 hysterical moments every week.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I honestly have a hard time watching the Tyra clips. I've rarely seen an id on the loose quite like hers. It's embarrassing, uncomfortable.

Draft saved Draft deleted