1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soul Patch

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Nov 19, 2007.

1. He's had just the soul patch before, which I think looks even dumber, believe it or not. Just couldn't find a better photo.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I always thought the no soul patch and what Beckett has is called a squirrel. Kevin Youkilis has a squirrel.

3. Let me know if you ever start thinking about the mohawk because I've got a cure for that as well ...

[​IMG]

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I had long hair in high school and me and my buddies cut our hair into mohawks. I used elmer's glue to keep mine upright. It was intense.

The girl-who-I-am-complicated-with wants me to cut my hair into a mohawk right now because I have longer hair for the second time in my life. But my big ears don't allow me to shave my head.

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

You call that a baseball soul patch? This is a baseball soul patch:

[​IMG]

Angola! if you grow one, make sure you dye it your team's colors.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

and people were surprised he was on drugs...

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

:eek: :eek: :eek:

For some reason over the past 5 years or so, Bruce Springsteen has fallen in love with the patch. Maybe Patti knows the answer.

Myself, I hate the hell out of it. I tend to rub my chin sometimes, and whenever the "patch" area starts to get scratchy, I'll run into the bathroom, dab my chin with soap, and scrape it off. I'll go 2-3 days without shaving sometimes, but the "patch" drives me nuts, and I shave it off. I look like a mountain man otherwise, but my lower chin is clear.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Just the soul patch looks worse? I think it looks better than just the squirrel.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I can't even grow a soul patch.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

The patch is mandatory if you're a fat dude who plays the stand-up bass in a Tejano, blues or bluegrass band. Otherwise, nah.

11. Grow a real beard or forget it.
    I feel much the same about Van Dykes or goatees, except on Bill Russell.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

The hockey soul patch:

[​IMG]

But please ... clean shaven. Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted