1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soul Patch

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

So, I have a question for the females of the board.

I can't really grow facial hair, except for like 20 hairs above my lip and 20 hairs on my chin, but recently I discovered I can grow a soul patch.

I know a lot of my buddies had them in college and that was awhile ago, but are these out of style? My girl-who-I-am-complicated-with doesn't like it, but I was thinking of letting it grow for a week to see what happens because it amuses me.

Thoughts?

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Not much of a whiskey man myself.

I generally grow a complete goatee, and thought I had grown a soul patch, which I thought looked pretty damn cool, especially for an old man.

Then I play that Joytube 2 game and realize what I grew isn't called a soul patch but a Petit.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They're dorky. They scream out, "I can't grow a full beard, so here's my attempt to prove I've gone through puberty."

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I was waiting for you to weigh in on this topic. How did I know this would be your response?

Of course, if it screams "I can't grow a full beard, so here's my attempt to prove I've gone through puberty" then maybe I won't get carded so much or asked to give details that are on my driver's license, since they think I am 16.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Judd Nelson killed the soul patch in "Tape Heads."

6. Totally do it. And get yourself a Red Sox hat while you're at it.

[​IMG]

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

This post is a good reason to shave it.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

They think you're 16, the high school girls think you're young ... I sense a running theme here. Next thing you know, you're gonna be sportschick's latest cradle-robbing conquest!

9. Figured that would work ;)

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, I am almost as old as her, so in theory that is out. Plus, she had her chance. :eek:

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Thank you for bringing me to 2007. I'll appreciate it when I shave it on Friday.

12. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

See, what he has there is apparently a soul patch AND a Petit. The Petit has no hair directly below the lip, but only on the chin.

Draft saved Draft deleted