1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sopranos 4/8.... spoilers?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Re: T-minus 9 days to The Sopranos

A fine episode, Zeke. There is a decent article in Vanity Fair this month, which I only purchased because Gandolfini and Chase were on the cover, that talks about University, and how it's one of Chase's favorite episodes because it made so many people uncomfortable. He said he's always wanted people to be conflicted about these characters, which is why any time to start liking Tony a bit too much, he does something to remind you that he's a psychopath.

Whitecaps, I think, is probably my favorite. Tony and Carmella's fight in the garage, when they're both calling one another on their bullshit, is some of the best acting in the history of television.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

So she was your firend, huh?

Well, what about all the other pigs you've had your dick in?

Fucking classic. Plus, the subplot with the house and the bobos cranking Dean Martin on the boat.

Good choice.

3. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

All of what you say about bringing him back for the final scene being a cliche is certainly true. I think the complaint is how do you base a full episode on that storyline, have it left up in the air and then never revisit it? I don't think they should bring him back now, but I do think they should have addressed it that season. They either killed a Russian mobster or tried to and he escaped and could go back and tell them what happened... both scenarios seemed to call for some sort of follow-up.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I disagree.

Since sometime in season two, the Sopranos is designed to mirror life. There are numerous plot lines that go vacant and never get picked up. Remember Janice's first son?

That, and the show's custom of having different writers and directors leads to one-off episodes.

They might bring the Russian back, but I really doubt it. Still, it fits the overall narrative -- remember the second season when Chris gets shot and has a vision that he's in hell? He told Paulie about it and it freaked him out, leading Paulie to a psychic who told him he was trailed by spirits. Chris was also haunted by dreams of the first guy he killed. The Russian is the personification of those fears.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Tony might respond:

"Ohhhhhhhhhhh! Slowthefuckdown, Sigmund Fraud,"

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Re: T-minus 8 days to The Sopranos

TS: Y'Know, reading this thread is like taking a shit.

Zeke: I like to think of it like childbirth.

TS: Trust me, it's like taking a shit.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Six seasons of the Sopranos in 7 minutes:

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

It's T-minus 6 days now.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm fucking pumped.

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Re: T-minus 6 days to The Sopranos

What would be considered the best website for detailed Sopranos recaps?

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

12. Re: T-minus 6 days to The Sopranos

Does the new Entourage start Sunday as well? If so, what a night that will be ...

Draft saved Draft deleted