1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sopranos 4/8.... spoilers?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Re: T-minus 13 days to The Sopranos

Tony told Paulie....

"If this guy ever crawls out from under a rock, you have to deal with it. You alone."

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

Re: T-minus 10 days to The Sopranos

i can't fucking wait. but i hope it's better than the last mini-season. maybe i'm wrong to do this but i have incredibly high expectations for the end. i want some surprises. i want some death. i don't think tony dies but maybe a.j. and carmela get it? but i don't some absurd shootout where everyone is laying dead. i was watching the carmela-goes-to-paris episode and it made me realize that it is set up for a good old gang war between tony's crew and johnny sack's crew (now phil's) even though they seemingly resolved it all when they killed vito. after they whacked vito tony warned syl that so-and-so killed so-and-so a long time ago and it led to a seven-year war, which was bad for business. but that could be the entry into a war. i don't remember if phil's crew ever got revenge for -- or even found out who killed -- the chunky guy who syl and [the middle aged guy] stabbed to death at the pork store when he kept making annoying vito jokes.

i have been waiting for them to do something with the iraqis who chris thinks aren't "al-quaida because they have a dog"

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I love, love, love the fact that Pie-O-My was in the death montage. Awesome.

4. ChrisLittmann

ChrisLittmann Member

I think one of the most interesting things to see will be how much time elapses during the break. That's always something to watch. Granted, it was more interesting in the past, particularly with Tony's kids, as they grew up. Look at Anthony Jr. in the first episode versus the club-going, coke-snorting one that ended this latest season.

5. Re: T-minus 10 days to The Sopranos

The earlier episodes were just more tightly written, like the Wire is now. In the Wire, everything has something to with something else. In the last few years of the Sopranos there's a bunch of loose strings, the Russian being the biggest ... I just think they ran out of ideas ... take the Vito storyline for example ... the actor who plays Vito proposed that story line so he could get more acting time and the writers went with it because what else were they going to do ... and then they put Tony in a coma ... what else were they going to do? ...

I think the most appropriate, disturbing and thought-provoking ending would be for Tony to go to prison for a long time ... that's what happens to mob bosses these days ... if that were to happen to Tony I know years from now I'd be wondering what ever happened to the Soprano family with Tony locked up ...

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Any predictions on who dies first this season?

7. John

John Well-Known Member

Given the way Tony looked at last night's premiere, he might die first in real life.

8. EStreetJoe

In the death montage when they added the question-mark on the Russian, was that David Chase doing some foreshadowing/hinting that the Russian will come back or was it an inside joke/tease of the fans who are conspiracy theorists that the Russian is still alive and will come back?

9. Re: T-minus 10 days to The Sopranos

They have to bring him back ... what else are they going to do? By the way, I don't think Tony will end up in prison ... it's sort of tough to wrap up the charges and a criminal trial and all the reaction in a shortened season ... unless they decide to wrap it up in the same crappy manner the Wonder Years came to an end ...

10. EStreetJoe

If you want an unrealistic scenario for how the series ends... how about this: Paulie kills Tony because he's tired of being "disrespected".. then Christopher kills Paulie to avenge Tony's murder.. then someone else knocks off Christopher because they don't want a movie-mogul drug addict running the family.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Online gambling website BetUS.com has begun offering betting odds on which Sopranos character will be whacked first in anticipation of the final season which begins April 8 in the US. Because it is the final season, bookmakers like BetUS.com are anticipating the possibility that a major popular character could be killed off early on.

This season's favorite like seasons before is Christopher. He is listed at +200 odds, paying out $200 for every $100 bet.

Johnny Sack is next in line with +350 payout odds. This would translate into a $350 win for every $100 bet.

Not surprisingly, Uncle Junior comes in with +400 odds as does Paulie Walnuts.

Silvio is set at +700 odds. And not taking a chance, BetUS.com gives Tony Soprano shorter odds with a payout of $800 for every $100 bet.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

How's this for unexpected -- the whole cast gets the bird flu and spends the season in ICU.

Draft saved Draft deleted