1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sopranos 4/15 (spoilers inevitable)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That hit might be the most welcome coincidence for Tony since Janice dropped Richie.

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Great, great episode. One of the best in years.

3. Simon_Cowbell

The montage of Carmine Jr. malaprops that could be made.....

It would make Ralph Kiner's catalog look like Winston Churchill.

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

That was excellent.... action-packed from beginning to end, and next week's previews, although they can be misleading, made me even more excited.
    I mean, c'mon. The feds digging up a body, talking about Paulie, and then showing them about to get on a boat.. "C'mon. Let's do some sportfishing."
    I'd say it's a tease, but they've only got seven episodes left...

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Masterful simultaneous homage to TWO Godfather films at the end: the baptism scene in GF I, of course, and the Judas kiss scenes between Michael and Fredo in GF II.

Chrissy's got probably two episodes left. At most.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Utterly brilliant.

7. Simon_Cowbell

After the Goodfellas double play last week.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I love the two second shot of Heshie at the premiere. As always, he's going De Niro in terms of his date.

A great episode -- a tour de force by Johnny Sack.

9. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

gotta agree. great episode.

but for everyone who thinks chrissy is doomed, think again.

Like that dude on the other sopranos thread said (apologies for not recalling who)... when has Chase ever delivered what we expect? The Russian is dead, so's Ade, etc.

10. Simon_Cowbell

A LOT of the time, characters' demise becomes evident.... and gets carried out.

Very consistent with that.

11. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

Tremendous episode--maybe the best of the last year. Chrissy is a goner--he's either going to be killed, go on the lam or flip. The appearance of Sydney Pollack. The death of Johnny Sack. Plus, some great lines--"What is this ... the humanitis award?" "That's humanitas..."

"The sacred AND the propane."

12. OK, in all honesty, I'm confused. Why would Phil want to kill Christopher ... because Tony wouldn't let him kill Buscemi?

Christopher wasn't the one who shot Phil's brother tonight, was it?

Personally, I think Tony will have a change of heart with Christopher and it may come back to bite him in the ass ...

Draft saved Draft deleted