1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sopranos 4/15 (spoilers inevitable)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

More anticipation for tonight's episode than for last Sunday's?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

rumor has a significant character bites the dust tonight.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Paulie Walnuts gets cracked. I really have no idea, I'm just talking out of my ass.

4. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

SPOILER ALERT

A somewhat major player dies. They don't get taken out, however.

Someone who you THINK might become a bigger player does get taken out.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Now there is. :D

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

just added HBO because of it.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think Bacala earning his stripes last week will have a profound effect on the end of the show.

Maybe he gets pinched for the whack and rats out Tony? Maybe Janice kills Tony?

Still didn't see Bobby kicking Tony's ass. That was Buster Douglas-esque.

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that the last scene of the final episode, you have Janice about to whack Tony... and then he wakes up as Kevin Finnerty. That would cause my mind to just completely shut down.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Whatever it is, I think the show ends in tragedy. They are all not going to live happily ever after.

I think the closing shot should be Melfi learning about Tony's death, thinking for a moment, and then another patient walks through her door.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Same here. Canceled my $10 to Netflix to pay $13 more on my monthly cable bill here.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, Paulie had the prostate cancer last season.

Any number of the guys are heart-attack risks at any time. (Sil, Baccala, Phil Leotardo).

My guess is maybe they rub out Johnny Sack soon -- he really doesn't appear to have any active role in the show left.

I think Christopher will go before the end of the show, but too early to do it yet -- the fallout of his eroding relationship with Tony still has to be brought to the fore.

The Uncle Jun issue is still festering. I think they have to make a move on it soon -- to allow an episode or two for the fallout of Jun's death to affect Tony and everyone else.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The episode is called "Stage 5" -- does that refer to a final stage of cancer? If so, does anyone have cancer besides Paulie? Johnny Sack smoked all the time -- is it him? Carm spent an awful lot of last week's episode rubbing her shoulder -- does she have an undiagnosed medical condition?

Draft saved Draft deleted