1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The solution to the Somali pirates ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Feb 22, 2011.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

... is just beginning on Spike ... Under Siege.

Jordan Tate: So who are you? Are you, you, like, some special forces guy or something?
    Casey Ryback: Nah. I'm just a cook.
    Jordan Tate: A cook?
    Casey Ryback: [Whispering] Just a lowly, lowly cook.
    Jordan Tate: Oh, my God, we're gonna die.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

excellent flick

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I believe the first set of boobs I saw in film. And I'm referring to the stripper in the cake not Segal's.

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

[​IMG]

The ringleader of this band of misfits! Fatbeard must be stopped...

Somalian pirates we!

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not to be a buzzkill and be a little serious. But can someone explain this pirate thing to me, in terms I can actually understand? It's 2011, not 1811. There is really no way to stop this, if a bunch of countries band together and make it a priority?

6. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

My favorite line... after Jordan drops a terrorist with a well-placed shot to the back:

Casey Ryback: "Next thing I know, you'll be dating musicians."

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

From what I gather, they're pretty much like roaches. Millions of them and you can never find them.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

And then after she watches him kill somebody.....

Jordan: You're no cook.
    Casey: Yeah, well.....I also cook.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I had a bill collector after me once who could find every fucking one of them. Guaranteed.

10. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I don't think it's an issue of not finding them, but you can kill 10 and there are 30 standing in line to take their place.

I wish I was about 15 years younger and with no family. I'd like to start up a high seas security company along the lines Blackwater to man ships traveling through that area. Heck, I'm a Navy vet that was part of the shipboard security force, so I have experience and training that would transfer over I think.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Of course there's a way if we are serious about this, and by "we" I mean the collective group of countries that are most involved. If the Somali government had greeted the first band of pirates at the shore when they returned, lined them up and shot these no-good SOBs and then released the hostages, the attitude might be a whole lot different. As it is now, anyone with a kayak and an automatic weapon thinks they can paddle out onto the high seas and make millions.

The line I hated reading the most in this latest episode was that 13 pirates were detained. I wish they'd been left for the sharks.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

... is to bring them to the U.S., and sentence them to watching every single Pittsburgh Pirate game from 1993 until the present.

Draft saved Draft deleted