1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Social Network

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Alma, Oct 1, 2010.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

It's based on a very good novel. I've read very uneven things, though, about the movie, so I'll probably stay away until it comes out on DVD.

2. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

add Black Swan with Natalie Portman to that list and True Grit from the Coen Brothers & Jeff Bridges

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Off topic, but this is the worst thing about having children.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

With munchkins in the house, I bet you get stuck watching Wizard of Oz a lot

5. Mira

Mira Member

"Never Let Me Go" is a great novel. I just finished it a couple weeks ago and loved it. I would see the movie just to see how they dealt with the cloning aspects of it ... and I think Knightley and Mulligan are amazing actresses.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought that after I saw a story about how he values his privacy but went on Oprah.

7. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Sorkin hasn't been at the top of his game as a writer since he was banging Maureen Dowd. I hope this one is decent, but I have doubts...

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You can tell how nervous Zuckerberg and Facebook are about this movie because of the Oprah appearance, the magazine article (he never used to grant access), the $100 million he just donated, and the articles all over the Bay Area with these supposed "inside looks" at the Facebook campus and infrastructure. None of that was ever happening before. I'm sure today's announcement of the 5-for-1 stock split was timed to counter the bad publicity too.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this immensely.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Mary Poppins in my home at least once a day.

Supercalafuckingkiddingme

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I think it's a 3-way tie between that, the sleep deprivation and the worrying.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The money.

Draft saved Draft deleted